Press office of 41st Session of the World Heritage Committee
Live streaming: www.whc.unesco.org and via https://41whckrakow2017.pl/live-streaming
Available in the English and French. Videos of each half-day session will be uploaded to the World Heritage Centre’s website and that of the 41st Session of the World Heritage Committee the day after the respective sessions. These videos may be used by media representatives (please credit: UNESCO).
Photos of the 41st Session: https://www.flickr.com/photos/41whc/albums
The cameras are allowed in the Plenary Room (S1) to film all Committee proceedings, but journalists must be aware that they cannot interfere with the delegates’ discussions.
Photos of the nominated sites: http://whc.unesco.org/en/newproperties/
Pictures will be available after the inscription. They may be used for non-commercial purposes by media representatives.
Videos of the newly inscribed sites: www.unesco.org/new/en/media-services/multimedia/news-videos/b-roll/
Videos of some sites will be available after the inscription. They may be used for non-commercial purposes by media representatives.
Press releases to download:
- Press release_41. Session of the World Heritage Committee 2017_04_20
- Additional info about UNESCO and world heritage 2017_04_20
- Presentations from the informational meeting on the organization of the 41st Session of the World Heritage Committee, which took place in Paris on 23 May: http://whc.unesco.org/en/events/1376/
- Press release_World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2017_06_21
- Press release_Nominations for inscription on World Heritage List 2017_06_22
- Media FAQ 2017_06_29
- Comoé National Park _withdrawal from the List in danger 2017_07_04
- Simien National Park_withdrawal from the List in danger 2017_07_04
- Vienna_inscribed on the List in Danger 2017_07_06
- New Inscriptions__Three natural sites and one extension_afternoon session 2017_07_07
- New Inscriptions__Eight new sites (morning session) 2017_07_09
- New Inscriptions__Three new sites and two extensions (afternoon session) 2017_07_09
- New Inscriptions__Gelati Monastery, Georgia, removed from UNESCO’s List of World Heritage in Danger 2017_07_10
All working documents are available online at: http://whc.unesco.org/en/sessions/41COM/documents/
Reports on the state of conservation of sites inscribed on the List of World Heritage in Danger:
- Report #1 (WHC/17/41.COM/7A) http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-7A-en.pdf
- Report #2 (WHC/17/41.COM/7A.Add) http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-7AAdd-en.pdf
- Report #3 (WHC/17/41.COM/7A.Add.2) http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-7AAdd2-en.pdf
State of conservation reports of sites inscribed on the World Heritage List:
- Report #1 (WHC/17/41.COM/7B) http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-7B-en.pdf
- Report #2 (WHC/17/41.COM/7B.Add) http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-7BAdd-en.pdf
- Report #3 (WHC/17/41.COM/7B.Add.2) http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-7BAdd2-en.pdf
List of state of conservation reports proposed for discussion:
- List (WHC/17/41.COM/INF.7) http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-inf7-en.pdf
Evaluation of nominations, cultural and mixed properties:
- Report #1 (WHC-17/41.COM/INF.8B1) http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-inf8B1-en.pdf
- Report #2 (WHC-17/41.COM/INF.8B1.Add) http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-inf8B1-Add-en.pdf
Evaluation of nominations of natural and mixed properties:
- Report #1 (WHC/17/41.COM/INF.8B2) http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-inf8B2-en.pdf
- Report #2 (WHC/17/41.COM/INF.8B2.ADD) http://whc.unesco.org/archive/2017/whc17-41com-inf8B2-Add-en.pdf
Follow the Committee on Twitter: #WorldHeritage #41WHC
Lucía Iglesias Kuntz, UNESCO Media Section
+33 (0) 1 45 68 17 02
From 1 July in Kraków: +48 574 645 560, +33 (0) 6 80 24 07 29
Agnès Bardon, UNESCO Media Section
+33 (0) 1 45 68 17 64
From 1 July in Kraków : +48 574 645 559, +33 (0) 6 80 24 13 56
48 572 660 085
The 41st Session of the World Heritage Committee is open to all media. Accreditation is mandatory to participate in the event and can be obtained by registering online. To receive a registration code, please contact the press office.
Registration desk for media will be open at the ICE Conference Center:
from July 1 (from 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm) and from July 2 until 10 July 2017 (from 8:00 am to 7:00 pm)
- Press ID card is required for online registration.
- In order to receive identification badges, all media representatives will be requested to show a valid ID or passport.
- Identification badges must be worn and visible at all times in order to gain access to the venue, and must be presented to security staff upon request. Identification badges are non-transferable. Access to the ICE Kraków will be granted to individuals with badges only.
- Please be informed that security staff have the right to examine and verify any equipment taken into the ICE Kraków.
- Journalists will have access to the Media Centre, equipped with appropriate working space and a Wi-Fi connection.